Friday, January 13, 2012

New Date and January Update

So Kallie and I had a very busy winter break. We both went to Chicago to try to lock down our location. Unfortunately the Chicago Park District closed from December 22 until January 3, so we couldn't get much done during that time. However, we filed our application on January 3rd and got our date! December 29, 2012 is our new wedding day and we couldn't be happier. It's a Saturday, so people coming from out of town (virtually everyone) will find an easier time attending.

We will have our wedding in the Solarium at the South Shore Cultural Center. It's actually the same room that Barack and Michelle Obama got married, so that's pretty cool. The room is already decorated blue and yellow, so we won't have to do too much to it.

Also, Imam Senad Agic, the Imam I grew up learning from, will be our officiant. He said he would be honored to do so, because he's known me for basically my whole life, but really I feel like I am the lucky one. I am very glad he'll be there to start Kallie and my marriage off right., God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment